We can’t fault James in any way, he is friendly, hardworking and the price was more than fair, he had an awkward job to do but he did it with complete professionalism, we would certainly ask him to carry out any work we needed as well as recommending him to anyone.
An excellent electrician and his co worker who listened to what was required and carried out the job with the minimum of disturbance. Am very happy with the result. Very punctual and kept to the agreed timing and date of the job. Would highly recommend.
James is always very helpful , friendly and efficient and work carried out is to a high standard and competitively priced
A new cooker hob was too big to fit in the smaller hole. James came and made the hole the right size and connected up the hob and diagnosed an earth fault that came to light during the process. He left the place clean and tidy.
I highly recommend Jason. He is friendly, knows his stuff, does not charge silly prices like some in his trade do.
Public liability insurance protects a business if clients or members of the public suffer personal injury or property damage because of the business. It can pay for the costs of subsequent legal expenses or compensation claims and is an integral cover for businesses that interact regularly with customers.
CLIFF Electrical is a small electrical business based in Polegate East Sussex we cover the area of Sussex, Surrey & Kent.
We specialize in the domestic market but also undertake work on commercial installations and offer a full range of services from full rewires to change of light fittings anything electrical we can do!
Just a some of the services we offer:
Rewire of antique lamps & fittings
Garage & outbuildings power/lighting
Security PIR lighting
Installation of flat screen TV, power & HDMI cables
Satellite & digital TV
Kitchen extractor units
New fuse boards
CAT 5e / CAT 6 installations
We have trained for many years and had to gain vast experience to become fully qualified registered electricians.
We love what we do and are constantly updating our knowledge of new technology and products available to offer our customers the very best. We also stay up to date with the latest editions and amendments of the Institution of Engineering and Technology Wiring Regulations/ British Standards.
Why use CLIFF Electrical?
All the materials we use are specially selected by ourselves rather than just going for the cheapest brand available or whatever a special deal is being done on at the time we use quality products tried and tested sourced at a reasonable price from our main supplier.
Quality Materials & Products
In using quality materials and products they tend to have better design for installation and durability also are cosmetically better looking. In using large well established brands getting hold of additional materials parts & components are easily available to source well into the future.
We take extra time on our installations rather than just get the job done as quickly as possible to maximise profit like other business we take that bit longer this enables us to leave a neater finish, we choose the most unobtrusive cable runs rather than the quickest! Even the bits you can’t see will be left neat and tidy. Time and time again we go into lofts find voids etc. where other trades dump their rubbish! We treat your home like our own and take all our rubbish with us.
We understand when undergoing construction works sometimes there are additional things you would like done or plans changed. We will always work with our clients to accommodate their needs anytime during the project.
With being such a small business we can operate in a way where the same employee who does the quote will be the same person to oversee the job to completion. This way you can rest assured though the entire project you will deal with the same electrician.
On completion of a full rewire or installation of a new Consumer Unit a hard copy of a well presented Electrical Home Installation pack containing all relevant Building Control Certification, Building Regulations 6 Year Guarantee, Electrical Installation certification and schedule of test results will be provide. Also within this pack will be any user instructions for any electrical equipment installed.
CLIFF Electrical offers a 3 year guarantee on our workmanship and usually 1 years on products or materials supplied.
From the success in running my business the three main values i use are:
1) Punctuality - I always try to arrive within an allocated time if i am running late for any reason i will always ring my client to advise them of the delay and when i should be with them. With regards to bigger jobs these often have to be booked inn in advance due to the nature of the work we do working with other trades etc from time to time jobs do over run and need to be reschedule if this happens i will make contact with you as soon as it becomes apparent.
2) Trustworthy - Clients often leave me with keys for their property so i can undertake the work wile they are on holiday or at work etc. I make sure the property is always left clean tidy and secure when we leave and also if given instructions any pets are where they should be.
3) Honesty - I'm always 100% honest i'm not going to tell you your property needs a rewire when only some small upgrades required. Any work that does need to be done i'm always happy to explain and show my clients why the work is necessary and what the faults are or why i have deemed it to be potentially harmful or dangerous.
Always use a fully qualified registered electrician.
You can check if a electrician is registered by going on the government endorsed site www.electricalcompetentperson.co.uk
A properly installed and well-maintained installation can significantly reduce the possibility of accident or injury.
Below are some basic visual checks you can do yourself that can save your life:
* Check that you have RCD protection in your fuse box.
* Make sure plug sockets are not overloaded.
* Ensure plug sockets are not damaged.
* Check that visible cables and leads are in good condition.
* Check that your light fittings are not visibly damaged and that downlighters are in good working condition.
* Check that you are not storing combustible materials around your fusebox, electricity meter or electrical intake.
* Don't use the top of the microwave for extra storage.
* Never trail cables under rugs or carpets
* Never take mains powered electrical items into the bathroom.
* Always switch off you electrical items when they are not in use.